Re: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt> ('Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field) to Experimental RFC

2010-12-17 17:45:06

I'm pretty surprised to see this in IETF LC - its not at the level where it is
ready to have a WG start working on the idea.

It's unclear what this draft is for, who wants it, or how it would work.
Consider a HTTP request going to something like GAE. First some front end web
gets the message, call this server A, it probably forwards on to separate web
server running the python system, call this B, this pass on to a framework like
say django, call this C, which passes on to end application call this D. It's
really unclear what software is responsible for knowing which header each of A,
B, C, and D supports or how the proposed header would get filled out in the
response.  It gets even more unclear as you start adding in caches, TLS
accelerators, and such. It's not clear to me what the client would be able to
do even if it had this information.

I don't think this should be published until it has actually been discussed in
the appropriate WG.