Re: Wikipedia

2010-12-15 11:08:47
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:03:57PM -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:

Actually, as someone pointed out, in some sense dated URLs to Wikipedia pages
are in fact _superior_ to most other Web URL references, because in Wikipedia
you can go back into the history and see just what the page looked like when
the author visited it.

Yes, but you can only do that if (1) the author uses the
particular-version URL or (2) the author includes a visited-on note in
the citation.  It's lovely, however, that in wiki-based systems you do
have this ablity, and I agree that it'd be nice to encourage its use.

(Now I'm going to crawl back into my bibliographic maniac's hole and
stop talking about this.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.