Re: Poster sessions

2011-01-10 07:57:14

On Jan 10, 2011, at 6:22 AM, Loa Andersson wrote:

ALl,

what is here called "poster session" reminds me a awful lot of the
bar bof's we been running for a long time.

Anyone care to draw the line between the two and try to motivate why
we need boths. As I see nothing stops from bringing a poster to a bar
bof, or a white board for taht matter.

Well, the bar bofs I have attended (and even organized) in actual bars wouldn't
lend themselves to bringing white boards...

However, the real answer is that a bar bof is synchronous, a poster session is
asynchronous. You can go, read the poster
and formulate opinions and questions independently of anyone else, including
the author. If there is a time when the author is
supposed to be present, you can then go back and clarify any issues. You can't
establish any consensus this way, but
it can be efficient at resolving issues.

Regards
Marshall

/Loa