Re: Poster sessions

2011-01-10 08:44:15
On 10/Jan/11 15:08, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
What I would suggest (if this goes forward) is

- some space is set aside, ideally in or near the break area / room

- posters SHOULD be put up in the AM, starting at breakfast.

- the last refreshment break of the day, the authors are supposed to be at
their posters. (They can be at other times, but they SHOULD be at this time.)

People could then read posters at any time during the day, come back at the
break and ask questions, raise issues, etc.

ADs could also quickly judge the interest in a poster, by how many people are
haranguing the author.

As the "session" would last one full day, different days could accommodate
different areas.

+1!

For filtering, Brian already mentioned that posting a draft is
necessary for assigning floor space.  To expand, those I-Ds would
contain a short "visually impaired" version of the proposed poster.
It would then take an AD or similar role to formally accept the
proposal by telling the secretariat (or equivalent web-app) to
allocate a poster slot for it.