RE: My comments to the press about OAM for MPLS

2011-03-04 12:17:55
Hello Dale,

On Friday October 2nd an agenda was distributed for the MEAD
team for the meeting in Munich on the MEAD team list
mead(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org.
On Monday October 5th an email was sent to mead(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
announcing the disbanding of the MEAD team, and that the
meeting in Munich should not be considered a MEAD team meeting.

The decision to disband the MEAD team was liaised to the ITU-T
on the same day (October 5).

Do I need to say more.

Uh, yes.  There are three statements, all of which are in the passive
voice; they describe actions that were taken without describing what
persons took the actions and on what authority.  At this distance, I'm
not sure that it matters, but if you are trying to enlighten those of
us who were not involved in these events, leaving out all the *names*
and even *organizational roles* makes everything obscure.

Naming names...

The agenda for the MEAD Team meeting was distributed by the chair of the MEAD
team, Loa Andersson.
The team was closed by the responsible AD (me) in consultation with the team
chair and my co-AD.
The liaison (which you can find in the IETF liaison repository, or direct at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/593) was sent by me.

Please note that closing a DT opens the work up to wider participation which
addressed a number of private gripes I had received about participation in the
MPLS-TP project. But also note that the main reason for closing the team was
that it had completed on its charter.

The liaison makes these points clearly, I think.

Thanks,
Adrian