Re: Request for review of draft-yevstifeyev-genarea-historic-03

2011-03-04 15:27:02
I agree with you that it is really hard and even impossible to determine
what is going on in the Internet regarding some technology, protocol, etc.
If we set the impossible criterion for the Historic documents, this will
really make very few sense.  So, as I have been pointed out, I find removing
the regulation about 'out-of-use' technology at all quite acceptable.  Do
you agree?

It strikes me that we are spending time debating this to little
result, and we're missing one aspect of "rough consensus", of which
Dave is always wont to remind me: someone has to agree with something
in order to make a start at moving to consensus.

So far, we've had several people chiming in to disagree with the need
for this document.  I propose this:

If anyone (other than the author) thinks this document *is* necessary,
please say so.  Until someone does, the rest of us may go about our
other work.  Lacking affirmative support, this document should go
away.

If support arrives, we can resume the debate.

Barry