Re: Request for review of draft-yevstifeyev-genarea-historic-03

2011-03-07 06:07:39
Ran,

On the following point:

On 3/3/11 4:59 PM, RJ Atkinson wrote:
Fourth, it is not appropriate for the IETF (or IESG) to reclassify any
RFC that was not originally published as an IETF track RFC.  The IETF
simply lacks authority to reclassify such RFCs, although if the
original author explicitly consents in advance to the reclassification
(e.g. recently for MD2/MD4) this can be done.  This is particularly
true for the older RFCs that appear to be the target of this I-D and
I-D author.  For those older RFCs, it isn't even the case the the
IETF Trust (or ISoc) hold any well defined rights.

The IAB and IESG control STD1, and have every right and in fact a
responsibility to say what status they think any document has.  You or
anyone else can disagree and have your own list.

Eliot