RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-04

2011-03-07 05:09:07
Hi,

My impression from reading the document and according to figure 1 was that
all end host communication was done in a UDP tunnel. So what is the relation
of the TCP connection to BTMM.

Roni Even

From: Lixia Zhang [mailto:lixia(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucla(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:52 AM
To: Roni Even
Cc: draft-zhu-mobileme-doc(_dot_)all(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org;
gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
'IETF-Discussion list'
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-04

On Mar 4, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Roni Even wrote:

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-zhu-mobileme-doc-04

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2011-3-4

IETF LC End Date: 2011-3-18

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

In section 5 and in section 6.1 second bullet you mention that the end to
end connection is TCP while in other places like section 3, 4th paragraph
you mention that UDP is used to tunnel packet end to end.  So what are the
TCP connections used for?

section 3 talks about the use of UDP encapsulation for end host's data
packets.

section 5 and section 6.1 refer to TCP connections used by user applications
running on end hosts.

Nits/editorial comments: