Re: Call for a Jasmine Revolution in the IETF: Privacy, Integrity, Obscurity

2011-03-09 09:51:04
Actually, this discussion has been going on for longer than so-far referenced docs show.

One of my favourite RFCs on the subject:

RFC 2804 "IETF Policy on Wiretapping." IAB, IESG. May 2000.

   The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has been asked to take a
   position on the inclusion into IETF standards-track documents of
   functionality designed to facilitate wiretapping.

   This memo explains what the IETF thinks the question means, why its
   answer is "no", and what that answer means.