Re: I-D Action:draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-04.txt

There are numerous improvements in this version and I hope we
can get consensus soon.

Just a couple of remarks on
  5. Transition to a Standards Track with Two Maturity Levels

1) Probably there should be a statement that all existing
    Internet Standard documents are still classified as Internet Standard.
    That may seem blindingly obvious, but if we don't write it down,
    somebody will ask.

sigh -- +1

2) More substantively, ...
I'm a bit concerned that this doesn't scale, and we will be left
with a long tail of DS documents that end up in limbo. One way to avoid
this is to encourage bulk reclassifications (rather like we did a bulk
declassification in RFC 4450). Another way is to define a sunset date,
e.g.

    Any documents that are still classified as Draft Standard two years
    after the publication of this RFC will be automatically downgraded
    to Proposed Standard.

I think both suggestions are in order. +1 and +1

    Tony Hansen