Re: I-D Action:draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-04.txt

2011-03-18 09:24:14
Hello all,

We reached the conclusion that the sunset period of 2 years for advancing DSs to FSs or downgrading of them. However there are some issues that should also be discussed, such as making references to DSs during this period, DSs already in IESG processing, etc.

So, I propose to mention that:

During this period Full Standards as well as Proposed Standards are allowed to make normative references to Draft Standards.

Regarding DSs already in IESG processing:

Upon approval of this document IESG SHALL NOT accept any requests for advancing of Proposed Standards to Draft Standards. Those documents that, at the time of publication of this document, will already be in IESG processing for advancing to Draft Standards SHOULD automatically be considered for advancing to Full Stndard; however IESG, on their own discretion, MAY decide on discarding such document for further work on it.
Another question is what should be done with RFC 5657 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5657), that is related to DSs, that are terminated by the proposed document. My proposal is to make it update RFC 5657 and mention that is changes its sphere of action to advancing to FSs.

Any other ideas?

Mykyta Yevstifeyev