Re: For Monday's technical plenary - Review of draft-tschofenig-post-standardization-00

2011-03-29 15:54:08
Got it in 1.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 3/29/2011 1:31 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
Correct.

The interoperability need shifts away from the client-to-server side (for
example, to the server-to-server side;

No, that's wrong and I believe it is not what Eric said at all.

THERE IS STILL A CLIENT/SERVER PROTOCOL, HANNES.

ALL THAT CHANGES IS THAT THE CLIENT/SERVER PROTOCOL IS NOW PROPRIETARY.

I apologize for shouting.  I'm shouting for the classic reason that I'm
taking your continuing to misunderstand this multiply-repeated and very basic
point as a hearing problem.

Server-server is an entirely different task and different part of the
architecture.

d/
--

 Dave Crocker