RE: Last Call: <draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-03.txt> (IANA Procedures for Maintaining the Timezone Database) to BCP

2011-04-14 16:28:38

On behalf of CalConnect and its members I would like to voice our support for
the timezone database proposal:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database/  and
encourage its adoption.  In particular this proposal is supported by our
Timezone Technical Committee (TC TIMEZONE).  Valid, accurate and timely
timezone information is increasingly essential to computing and the internet,
and with Mr. Olson's retirement soon, it becomes critical to determine a
permanent home for the process and the the database, while continuing and
encouraging the volunteers who provide and manage the data itself.  CalConnect
has worked from its earliest days on improving ways of accessing timezone data,
which is critical to calendaring and scheduling, and has been an early and
ongoing supporter of the IETF and IANA offering to provide a home for the Olson
database and processes.

Dave Thewlis

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium