Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

2011-04-14 17:51:48

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Bob Hinden wrote:

Russ,

This prompts me to ask a question.  Who would the IETF Chair
delegate this responsibility to?  The draft doesn't specify.

I am thinking it would be someone like the IESG Secretary (if there is
such a person), and I mean a member of the IESG, not some contractor.

Suppose, for a moment, we were talking about the ISOC BoT here instead
of the IESG, the *obvious* choice would be Scott Bradner who has been
Board Secretary for longer than any one can remember and clearly has a
very good idea about the "sense of the board" at any given time.

So, is there an "equivalent" person in the IESG, that isn't also the
IESG (IETF) Chair?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo