Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

2011-04-15 09:58:29
On 14/04/2011 23:26, Bob Hinden wrote:

This prompts me to ask a question.  Who would the IETF Chair delegate this
responsibility to?  The draft doesn't specify.

I would say one of the (nomcom appointed) members of the IESG (or IAB).

An Area Director is the obvious answer, except from what I understand ADs are
also extremely busy.  This trades one problem for another.

The IESG chair definitely has more tasks than any of the AD's and I think it
would be helpful if there were options to distribute work over the IESG,
rather than assume that the chair can do them all.   This is not only a matter
of time, but also of expertise and personal interests.   (The same applies
to the IAB chair).

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
RIPE NCC                                  http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746