RE: [siprec] LastCall:<draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt>(UseCases andRequirementsforSIP-basedMediaRecording (SIPREC)) toInformational RFC

2011-04-15 09:57:42
Charles,

synchronize multiple CS from multiple SRCs to single SRS is outside the
scope of SIPREC. I'm not very clear about the requirement of media
synchronization for multiple CS from single SRC  because each CS have
its own media stream, is there any need to synchronize between multiple
CS?

Muthu,

I'm seeing two requirement here:

1) Timestamp synchronization between metadata and media stream.

This is possible to be achieved by current metadata media stream start&
stop time wherein media packet shall be stored or played back with the
reference to start time of media stream block. Say Media stream start
time as T0 and end time as T1, the first media packet is received at T0+
t[i] wherein t[i] is the time interval between T0 and first media
packet. Here T0+t[i] is always less than T1. Playback shall use T0 as
the reference value. Here there is no need of extra time reference
required.

2) Timestamp synchronization between multiple media stream (audio +
video)

New requirement is to synchronize between media stream and there is need
to identify the detailed requirement. Infact, I'm still not very much
clear which may be due to my lack of specific details about audio+Video
recording.

Please correct in case I'm missing something.

Thanks
Partha