RE: [siprec] Last Call:<draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt>(Use CasesandRequirements forSIP-based MediaRecording (SIPREC)) toInformational RFC

2011-04-21 10:36:25
Muthu/John,

I will prefer to have "a" and "b" as separate requirement as "a" is
related to RTP & its model, needs more discussion whereas "b" will be
related to SIPREC metadata model which will be addressed by the current
mechanism of start/stop time of media stream block.

REQ-022: The mechanism MUST provide means for facilitating
synchronization of the recorded media streams and metadata.

REQ-xxx: The mechanism MUST provide means for facilitating
synchronization among the recorded media streams

Apart from this, I'm interested to know whether John's Req-023
requirement in the below mail will be solved by the current proposed
REQ-xxx.

Thanks
Partha

-----Original Message-----
From: siprec-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:siprec-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf
Of Muthu ArulMozhi Perumal (mperumal)
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:15 PM
To: Elwell, John; Ram Mohan R (rmohanr); Leon Portman; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: siprec(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [siprec] Last Call:<draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt>(Use
CasesandRequirements forSIP-based MediaRecording (SIPREC))
toInformational RFC

+1

I would suggest a small change to REQ-022 that John has drafted below to
make it more explicit:

REQ-022 The mechanism MUST provide means for facilitating the following
either at storage or at playback:
a. Synchronization among the recorded media streams and b.
Synchronization of the recorded media streams and metadata.

Muthu