RE: [siprec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt> (Use Cases andRequirements for SIP-based Media Recording (SIPREC)) toInformational RFC

2011-04-14 01:34:48
I've one major comment. It draft discusses synchronization between the
recorded media streams and synchronized playback, which seem important
for certain applications:

<snip>
Some applications require the recording of more than one media stream,
possibly of different types. Media are synchronized, either at storage
or at playback.
</snip>

However, in the requirements section it doesn't seem REQ-022 and REQ-023
are all that are need and sufficient to achieve this with needed
precision. So, I would suggest adding another requirement as follows:
The mechanism MUST provide means for facilitating synchronization of the
recorded media streams and metadata either at storage or at playback.
This includes, but not limited to, the information needed as per REQ-022
and REQ-023.

A nitpick:
Use Case 8
In cases where calls inside or between branches must be recorded, a
centralized recording system in data centers together with telephony
infrastructure (e.g. PBX) me deployed.

s/me/may be

Muthu