RE: [siprec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt> (Use Cases andRequirements for SIP-based Media Recording (SIPREC)) toInformational RFC

2011-04-14 07:57:51
Understood, but if we have wall clock time for the start of a CS, wouldn't that
be sufficient? The new requirement would cover synchronization of all media
start/stops relative to that time.

John (as individual)

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon Portman [mailto:Leon(_dot_)Portman(_at_)nice(_dot_)com]
Sent: 14 April 2011 13:19
To: Elwell, John; Muthu ArulMozhi Perumal (mperumal); ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: siprec(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [siprec] Last Call:
<draft-ietf-siprec-req-09.txt> (Use Cases andRequirements for
SIP-based Media Recording (SIPREC)) toInformational RFC

Actually REQ-022 and REQ-023 describing not only requirement
to synchronize between different media streams but more
importantly ability to relate them to real world (wall)
clock. It is not only important to playback them correctly
but also to know when it was said.
One example is continue trading after closing hour (even for
one second is not allowed)

And if these media are synchronized to wall clock then they
are also synchronized between them thus I am not sure if we
need this additional requirement.

Thanks

Leon