Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-05

2011-04-19 09:42:41
19.04.2011 1:21, Russ Housley wrote:
Mykyta:

4. Downward References Permitted
This section says nothing about references to documents with no status
("pre-IETF" RFCs).  Maybe informative references to such RFCs should be
allowed.  And what about normative ones?  Whether the RFC 3967 procedure will be used in
such cases, or such references are disallowed in Standards Track docs?  I think this
should also be mentioned in your draft.
What does this have to do with moving from two maturity levels?
Mostly nothing, but if you consider that the whole Section 4 is appropriate for your document, what I propose is appropriate also.

Mykyta
Russ