Re: Google Scholar, was How to pay $47 for a copy of RFC 793

2011-05-10 13:22:56
On 05/10/11 18:14, Paul Hoffman wrote:
On May 10, 2011, at 8:41 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

For some reason, scholar has indexed 151 docs from tools.ietf.org and then
stopped.

If only there was someone who worked at Google on this list who could send an
internal message to get this rectified.... :-)
From what I could tell from the instructions, Scholar is using some heuristics to figure out that "this is a paper" and "this is not a paper". The highest one on the list was a 3-slide presentation that really didn't say very much - I think this is one where heuristics had failed.

I think someone at the site could help them a lot more.

--Paul Hoffman