Re: [v6ops] Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03

2011-05-17 10:35:52
How much longer does this list need to be to justify choosing better labels
for this v6 dual-stack transition hack?

returning different sets of resource records on the basis of the orgin of a
query ala split horizon is not exactly new ground.

By my observation, what is being done, satisfactorily
meets the dictionary definition of a whitelist. the term was uncontroversial
in the dicussion leading up to the wglc. If it's really inapropiate that's
cool but I'm frankly not convinced.

Agreed. I see no good reason to change the use of "whitelist". Let's
move on.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug(_at_)nethelp(_dot_)no