RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09

2011-05-24 14:33:47
Hi Adrian,
This is up to you reading the abbrev.expansion.txt  I noticed that "Some
abbreviations are so well known that expansion is probably
unnecessary.  The RFC Editor exercises editorial judgment about whether a
particular use of one of the "well-known" abbreviations requires
expansion."

So it will be up to the RFC editor.

At least for me as a reader who is not familiar with all the abbreviations
in the draft I found that even if they are expanded on the first usage it
will be easier if all abbreviations are in one place in the document, but
this may be a separate discussion on general draft structure.

As for the  abbrev.expansion.txt, it does  not help since there is no
reference to it in draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap and as mentioned
some abbreviations have multiple expansions even in the RFC editor list
(e.g. FEC).

Roni