Re: [v6ops] Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03 *(formal for apps area)*

2011-05-31 10:26:59
Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 08:34:21AM -0700, Dave CROCKER wrote:
"AAAA ACL" or "V6 DNS ACL" or "V6 resolver ACL" now seem to me quite good
labels.  They provide useful, direct and precise meaning, while avoiding the
various referential and denotational problems of a loaded term like whitelist.

I have no idea what a "v6 DNS ACL" should be, except maybe an ACL that
protects which IPv6 clients are allowed to talk to a DNS server.

Whitelisting, on the other hand, is the term that Google introduced for
this kind of "thing" and people seem to clearly understand what this
is about.  "You are on my white list of people that I like talking to!".

Gert Doering
        -- Operator
--
did you enable IPv6 on something today...?

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279