Re: [v6ops] Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03 *(formal for apps area)*

2011-05-31 11:01:54
Gert Doering <gert(_at_)space(_dot_)net> wrote:

Whitelisting, on the other hand, is the term that Google introduced for
this kind of "thing" and people seem to clearly understand what this
is about.  "You are on my white list of people that I like talking to!".

I think it's OK to refer to it as "whitelisting". I think it is confusing
to refer to it as "DNS whitelisting". "Resolver whitelist" is better (it's
a whitelist of resolvers) or perhaps "IPv6 whitelisting" (what members of
the list are cleared to use) if you need a short phrase.

Speaking of confusing, the first sentence of the abstract and introduction
in the current revision of the draft is an abomination that should be
taken out and shot.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Rockall, Malin, Hebrides: South 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 at first in