Re: [v6ops] Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03 *(formal for apps area)*

2011-05-31 12:03:18
On 5/31/11 12:00 PM, "Tony Finch"
<dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at<mailto:dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>> wrote:

Speaking of confusing, the first sentence of the abstract and introduction
in the current revision of the draft is an abomination that should be
taken out and shot.

[JL] Great feedback – I just did it. Here's the updated Abstract (carried into
the Intro as well). If you think it is still convoluted, just say so and I'll
take another turn at it.

New text:
"This document describes the practice and implications of whitelisting DNS
recursive resolvers in order to limit AAAA resource record responses (which
contain IPv6 addresses) sent by authoritative DNS servers. This is an IPv6
transition mechanism used by domains as a method for incrementally
transitioning inbound traffic to a domain from IPv4 to IPv6 transport. The
audience for this document is the Internet community generally, particularly
IPv6 implementers."

Thanks!
Jason