Re: Proposed text for IESG Handling of Historic Status

2011-06-02 22:05:54

--On Thursday, June 02, 2011 17:51 -0500 Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

Agree, but producing such a "no one cares anymore" RFC and
getting it  through the process should be lightweight enough
already. It should  slide right through.

For better or worse, I don't believe that has been the
experience in recent years.

I hope we don't need
yet another special process  because our normal process is
too heavy.

I have no strong opinion on what exactly we should do on this
point, but the IESG can already do exactly what John wants
with no change to process. (See the end of 2026 sec. 6.2.) We
would just have to decide to do it.

My point exactly.

      john