Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-10 12:39:35
John,

On 2011-06-11 05:05, John C Klensin wrote:

But, to the extent to which the motivation for moving 6to4 to
Historic is what Tony describes as "kill-what-we-don't-like",

Unfortunately, as I know from the enormous amount of technical
feedback I got from living, breathing operators while drafting
draft-ietf-v6ops-advisory, the motivation is "kill something
that is causing real operational problems and failure modes."
I wouldn't be endorsing draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic if
there wasn't a very sound operational argument for it.

I think nobody wants to kill the successful use of 6to4, but
we need to stop the operational problems getting worse. It
appears that the default help desk advice to disable 1PV6 is
generally an echo of problems caused by on-by-default 6to4.

    Brian