Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-10 17:34:17
On Jun 10, 2011, at 15:10 , Joel Jaeggli wrote:

I think the two documents at present encourage:

* vendors an implementors to consider not using or a least disabling by
default 6to4 auto-tunneling in existing and future implementations.

* the deployment of additional 6to4 anycast relays which if done would help
address issue that existing users of 6to4 who will be with us for a while as
well as those who would prefer to use it would benefit from.

I would say that I-D.ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory suffices to encourage both those
things with more precision and clarity than I-D.ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic
does.

In fact, I-D.ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic makes a more aggressive point on the
first item, and sends, at best, a very mixed message about the second.

--
james woodyatt <jhw(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
member of technical staff, core os networking