Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-11 14:37:26
On Jun 11, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Ned Freed wrote:

I would *never* judge an ISP by the clueless nature of their scripted
first-line suppor, at least not beyond their existence. (The ISP I
use does not have clueless script monkeys, but smart and helpful
people who craft their response to fit your ability, not theirs).

That rather depends on whether or not it's possible to get past the
cluelessness, doesn't it? If it isn't pssible it seems not only reasonable to
judge on this basis, but pretty silly not to.

If we want IPv6 to be available to the average user, I think it's fair to
assume that the average user won't get past the cluelessness.

Then again, I fully suspect that the first line sales/support people will be
the last to know when an ISP is ready to support IPv6.  They won't know until
they're forced to watch a training video that says so.

Keith