Re: Why ask for IETF Consensus on a WG document?

2011-06-24 12:57:57
On 06/24/2011 06:46 AM, Donald Eastlake wrote:
If polls at area meetings with 100+ people at them at three successive
IETF meetings on different continents consistently show, say, a 3 to 1
preference for some proposal but the IETF Last call email has 6 people
speaking against and only 4 in favor, what do you think the right
judgement would be as to the consensus of the IETF community?

My understanding is that any decisions reached at meetings must
be ratified on mailing lists, which seems to me to suggest something
about order of precedence.

Melinda