Re: Why ask for IETF Consensus on a WG document?

2011-06-24 13:56:24
Julian Reschke wrote:

On 2011-06-24 20:27, Martin Rex wrote:
Yes, I know that this is currently not easy for the one doing
the write-up.  Maybe this could be simplified by the IETF Mailing
List exploder to _first_ put a message in the mailing list archive,
obtain a URL into the archive for it and then send out the message
_with_ that URL of the archived message out to the mailing list recipients.

X-Archived-At?

rather not there.

Considering the sheer number of header lines of the averager mailing
list email that hits my mailbox, and considering how difficult it is
to get that junkyard visualized in some MUAs, I personally would prefer
a modification of the automatically added message signature.

The IETF mailing list exploder already automatically tacks a signature to
every redistributed message with an indirect URL to the "haystack"
i.e. the URL for the mailing list subscription page that itself contains
an URL to the mailing list archive.

potential solutions:
  - add a 4th line identifying the needle in the haystack.

  (bandwith-conservative)
  - replace the current indirect URL to the haystack (3rd line) with the
    direct message URL (needle URL) and add a back-reference to the mailing
    list subscription page to the top of the message/needle
    visualization page.

-Martin