RE: [ftpext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts-02.txt> (File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts) to Proposed Standard

2011-06-28 10:20:11
Thanks Mykyta,

Ah, now I see your point - that's a great catch, and I will add a section to a
new version of the draft that I am working on for other IETF comments.

Thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev [mailto:evnikita2(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 9:33 PM
To: Robert McMurray
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ftpext(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ftpext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts-02.txt> (File
Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts) to Proposed Standard

OK, and if HOST is sent for the second time when the user hasn't got
authenticated, eg.

S> 220 Server ready
C> HOST example.com
S> 220 HOST OK
C> HOST example.org
S> ???

I suppose it may be 503 reply or switching to the identified host with
220 reply.  This situation isn't mentioned in your document.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev