RE: [v6ops] Another look at 6to4 (and other IPv6 transition issues)

2011-07-15 18:11:14

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Lemon [mailto:Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 12:43 PM
To: Templin, Fred L
Cc: v6ops(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org Operations; IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Another look at 6to4 (and other IPv6
transition issues)

On Jul 15, 2011, at 3:37 PM, Templin, Fred L wrote:
ipv4 is becoming less usable and it's
taking autotunnels with it, nobody here has a proposal that
changes that.

As far as I can tell, IPv4 is not becoming less
usable within my organization's network.

You realize that you have not contradicted what Joel said,
right?     The IETF's business isn't making sure that
Boeing's networks are functional, much as we might
collectively wish you well in that regard.

If the IETF wishes organizations such as ours well, then
they should be willing to provide operational guidance.
RFCs 4057 and 4852 were a small step in that direction,
while 'draft-templin-v6ops-isops' provides actionable
information.

Fred