Re: Another look at 6to4 (and other IPv6 transition issues)

2011-07-19 07:31:51
On Jul 19, 2011, at 3:21 AM, t.petch wrote:

What is needed is some lateral thinking, such as the proposal that instead of
trying to shoehorn an RFC into an inappropriate, closed set of maturity
levels,
we use a completely different option, namely an Appplicability Statement that
spells out that this magnificent standards track, non-historic piece of
technology now has an extremely limited applicability, and unless you really
know what you are doing, forget it.

An Applicability Statement was my first suggestion for how to address the
problem, and it's still acceptable to me.

Keith