Re: Another look at 6to4 (and other IPv6 transition issues)

2011-07-18 14:31:50
On Jul 18, 2011, at 24:36 , Roger Jørgensen wrote:

My wild guess is that the ISP will sooner or later stop routing the entire
2002::/16 block...

You mean, your wild guess is service providers will unilaterally implement the
phase-out plan I proposed as a standards action.

Why not just sign up for a standard phase-out plan?  Don't we want 6to4 users
to have any advanced notice that we plan to break their Internet?  Or, is the
idea that we don't believe we can achieve a tactical victory over 6to4 users
unless we mount a surprise attack on them?

--
james woodyatt <jhw(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
member of technical staff, core os networking