Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-23 16:24:25

In message <4E28A51F(_dot_)4020704(_at_)callenish(_dot_)com>, Bruce Atherton
writes:

I admit that I find it a little troubling to use MUST for the client to
follow this procedure as there is a burden on implementers to understand
how to code this since it isn't done by default in the standard
libraries the way that ordinary name resolution is. Making it the
recognized best practice with a SHOULD would be preferable all else
being equal.

No.  MUST is what is needed.  It's a new protocol.  Do what's best from
day one.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org