Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-28 11:57:50
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 06:07:12PM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:
On Wed Jul 27 06:25:49 2011, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:28:06AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
SRV provides load-balancing and failover. I never said that SRV
is a
solution for temporaly put in maintenance a server.

Happy eyeballs however does allow you to take a server out of
production
and not really notice it.  Note webbrowsers have had the ability
to do
this for as long as webbrowsers have existed.

Mark, could you elaborate on this point ? Surely you're not talking
about
the fact that a browser retries a failed connection, but I'm not
not sure
what mechanism you're talking about.

Happy eyeballs - try everything as soon as you can, in parallel. Drop
everything else when one does.

This sensibly increases load on servers with useless connections, and
is counter-efficient in mobile networks where sending uplink packets
is the limiting factor !

Willy