Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-27 12:07:42
On Wed Jul 27 06:25:49 2011, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:28:06AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > SRV provides load-balancing and failover. I never said that SRV is a
> > solution for temporaly put in maintenance a server.
>
> Happy eyeballs however does allow you to take a server out of production > and not really notice it. Note webbrowsers have had the ability to do
> this for as long as webbrowsers have existed.

Mark, could you elaborate on this point ? Surely you're not talking about the fact that a browser retries a failed connection, but I'm not not sure
what mechanism you're talking about.

Happy eyeballs - try everything as soon as you can, in parallel. Drop everything else when one does.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net