Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

2011-07-26 07:52:42

Dear Colleagues,

Based on the discussion I've updated the draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kolkman-iasa-ex-officio-membership

Essentially I incorporated Dave Crocker's proposal to
1) replace the 'chairs' by voting members appointed by the respective bodies.
2) allow the chairs to participate in all meetings and provide (unsolicited)
advice.

I believe that allows chairs to exercise their responsibilities of keeping a
coherent perspective of the organization an allow them to steer outcomes if
needed, but doesn't require the day-to-day involvement that is required from a
diligent voting member.

--Olaf

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/