Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-27 11:03:38
2011/7/27 Willy Tarreau <w(_at_)1wt(_dot_)eu>:
Once again, the goal to make SRV adopted BY USERS is not to ensure that
it tries to cover all the server-side needs, but that it offers better
quality of service to USERS. That way USERS will massively adopt it and
server will one day be able to safely rely on it. Just like neither
Javascript nor cookies nor flash are mandatory, still all of them are
very common in practice and many service providers happily rely on them.

Thanks for your useful comments (as always in these threads). Let me
just a question:

What do you mean with "USERS"? Do you mean home users in front of
their web browsers? or webbrowser vendors?
I don't think home users (neither professional users) has nothing to
decide here, they will not "resolve" the WS URI retrieved from a
webpage.
So we are talking about webbrowser vendors, right? and typically there
are no more than.... 10?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo