Re: IPv6 traffic distribution

2011-07-28 01:46:15
On Jul 28, 2011, at 1:30 AM, james woodyatt wrote:

 I think the measurements we've all seen at the technical plenary show that
6to4 is a small percentage of the total world IPv6 traffic now, which again
is an embarrassingly small fraction of global Internet traffic.

What I saw from different presentations seemed to indicate that 6to4 was around
30% of total IPv6 traffic.

I think it's hard to conclude much from that in terms of future use of 6to4 vs.
native.  As you point out, more and more stacks are disabling 6to4 by default.
But when the native v6 traffic is dominated by a single AS, it's hard to use
that as an indication of how much growth there will be in use of v6.

Bottom line: we still have our work cut out for us.

Keith