Re: IPv6 traffic distribution

2011-07-28 18:42:16
Looking at a trace that I got from Geoff Huston a month or two ago,
there are 25486 IPv6 TCP sessions of which 10748 have a 6to4 source
address.

That's surprisingly high, showing that the answer depends greatly on
the point of observation, and explains why operators really need
to try to run a decent 6to4 relay service as long as so many
such clients are observed. Which is why disabling 6to4 in clients
has to be the priority; it's far too soon to decommission the
relays.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

On 2011-07-29 09:12, Tim Chown wrote:
On 28 Jul 2011, at 21:51, Michel Py wrote:

Lorenzo,

Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics/
Thanks for the update.
Clarification: in your stats, is AS12322's traffic classified as native
or as 6to4/teredo?

Hi,

I just ran a search through our Netflow logs of the most recent flows
attempting to traverse our enterprise border and this showed:

2002::/16 (6to4):

2001::/32 (Teredo):

Other:

Teredo appears skewed by one host's behaviour which I'll be looking into,
otherwise it's about what I'd expect with around 1% by volume being 6to4.

Tim