Re: IPv6 traffic distribution

2011-07-29 09:55:08

Le 29 juil. 2011 à 14:16, George Michaelson a écrit :

On 29/07/2011, at 8:03 AM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

agree but if you're trying to discriminate it by:

"This graph shows the daily unique queried reverse addresses by type."

you can't.

Very true Joel. I did, for a while, pattern match the 6rd prefix from
Free.FR's declared ranges in RIPE whois but it was pointed out to me that
dealing with one ISP like this skews things.

After all, other ISps also deploy 6rd, and Comcast do some kind of related
work.

I can put in a 6rd line, if thats what people *want*

I suppose that te proportion of native IPv6 traffic due to Free will quickly
decrease as IPv6 gets really deployed by others.
(This proportion was reported to still be slightly above 50% a few months ago,
but this was before the World IPv6 day and various other events.)

Yes, that would be nice to have this proportion for some time.

Thanks,
RD

-G