Re: A modest proposal for Friday meeting schedule

2011-08-02 07:34:18
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 08:05, Thomas Nadeau
<tnadeau(_at_)lucidvision(_dot_)com> wrote:
OTOH, I have good reason to think that the application of more focus by WGs
during their meetings *could* reduce the pressure on the whole schedule.
Thus,
the perennial thread on not presenting drafts at WG meetings would surely
bear
fruit.

       Indeed. A few people were discussing this during one of the meetings
last week where the agenda was packed to the gills, and the WG chairs were
cutting off discussion after just 1 or 2 people at the mic.  We were all
wondering why we spent any time allowing for the presentation and instead
should have allowed the full 5/10 minute slot for discussions/debate.  Even
better, what if we spent a whole 15 minutes discussing or debating?!

See http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/intarea/trac/wiki/MeetingTimePrioritization
for what we came up with.