RE: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

2011-08-02 16:59:11
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Hector Santos
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:33 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: DKIM Signatures now being applied to IETF Email

We are perfectly aware you never believed in policy, never really
acknowledge it, fought hard against its progress. I can respect that
position. But I am bit vex as to why you are questioning its existence
as an original and still current WG work item.

Where I come from, personal attacks don't support your position; they degrade
your credibility.

The DKIM WG always had among its charter work items to produce a
Domain Policy standard and even thought the charter was revised over
the years, Policy is still today among the WG chartered item today. I
personally have not seen or read of any official statement to conclude
the WG and stop all remaining work, nor a change in the charter to
official remain policy as a work item.

There is no rule anywhere that I've seen requiring a working group to complete
all of its chartered items if one of them turns out to be a bad or dangerous
idea, especially if the sponsoring Area Director concurs.  It doesn't matter
what other informational documents it may have produced prior to that point.
This is also true if the working group runs out of steam to keep working on
something.  All of those things happened here.

The ongoing claims that the working group was guided by sinister designs to
benefit from some specific alternate market are simply absurd.