Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-shiomoto-ccamp-switch-programming

2011-08-11 10:14:54

On Aug 10, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

Disagree. The caveat is that we are defining something different. We are
looking
at the case where we want to know that it is safe to start sending data. We
are
using the existence of some "SHOULD" statements in related RFCs that describe
related behavior, to derive a "must" that covers when it is known to be safe.

Okay, that makes sense. It might not hurt (but would be okay not to) to add a
sentence explaining that this doc suggests a stronger requirement than in the
source RFCs in order to be sure of safety.

Thanks!

Ben.