Re: [yam] Last Call: <draft-ietf-yam-rfc4409bis-02.txt> (Message Submission for Mail) to Full Standard

2011-08-19 13:21:11
Hi Mykyta,
At 08:14 18-08-2011, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
Neither RFC 2476 nor RFC 4409 asked IANA to make changes according to the contents of these tables; but this draft does. 4409 and its predecessor just mentioned which are eligible for use with submission.

I'll discuss this matter with the document editors at the end of the Last Call. The working group will obviously be consulted about the matter. I'll copy the message to you.

As a personal comment, it would be a bad idea for me to raise this as a serious concern. The document editors would yell at me; the working group would petition the Area Director to fire me. :-) In the IETF, everyone will tell that you have the right to view this as a serious concern. What they won't tell you is that it is also a way to squander your goodwill.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy