Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-03.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Transition Space) to Informational RFC

2011-08-19 17:24:39
On 19 August 2011 23:42, SM wrote:

RFC 5735 covers Special Use IPv4 Addresses.

BTW, some days ago the "errata system" informed me that a rather old
nit about class E in RFC 3330 made it to "held for document update",
but I think RFC 5735 already did that, cf. RFC 3330 eid 1436.

The I-D discussed here mainly consists of an informative reference
to another I-D.bdgks-arin-shared-transition-space-01, and the latter
mentions class E in section 2.2.3.

Is nobody going to use these 268,435,455 "free" IPs waiting for IETF
experiments?

-Frank