Re: Questionnaire to survey opinion concerning a possibleredefinition of UTC

2011-08-25 22:54:01
On 8/25/11 20:25 , Worley, Dale R (Dale) wrote:
I have asked responsible parties about 2 of these cases (and,
for that matter, Dennis McCarthy about UT1) and the answer always is, too
much
legacy equipment and software. That will sound quaint in 500 years.

We're still using the 360-degree circle and the 24 (=12+12) hour day, and
those

But my first thought was, We can't decide on how to decide on a conference
location,

A different slant says we have some moderate trouble  deciding on a
location (we seem to meet 3 times a year), but that there will always be
someone unhappy with the outcome.

I think that's more plausibly congruent with what happens with global
timing systems.

and people are asking us how to reform the world timing system?

Dale